Librarian's Copyright Litany, Take 2

I got some great input, both here on the blog and elsewhere, on the Librarian's Copyright Litany. Here's a revised version.

copyright symbols divider

The Librarian's Copyright Litany

Remembering that copyright's constitutional purpose is to stimulate creation for the benefit of the public; and recognizing that in its current formulation (and many possible future formulations) the public interest in copyright is not well-served; may we:

- Strive to meet the present and future needs of the communities we serve;

- Stand firmly and expansively in the areas where copyright law already recognizes public rights and interests; and

- Zealously promote a greater recognition of the public interest in copyright in our daily interactions with our users and other members of the public, through our own contract and licensing negotiations, and in legislative and judicial processes.

copyright symbols divider