St. Paul Fire Kills One
The Star Tribune reports that a 29-year-old man was killed in a grease fire that started in his kitchen Saturday night.
At about 9:00 p.m. the St. Paul Fire Department responded to a call from the victim's mother reporting a fire on the 200 block of Goodrich Avenue. The victim was taken to Regions Hospital but was later pronounced dead.
According to firefighters, the man tried to put out the flames with water, which would have only increased the size of the fire.
Amazingly enough, I could not find a similar article reporting on this same incident in the Pioneer Press. However, I did notice something that intrigued and upset me a bit. The top story for the Pioneer Press was "Twins in St. Paul? Consider this", which was an article about Minneapolis possibly losing the land they bought for the new Twins stadium. However, the Pioneer Press only included "Dakota And Washington Counties / Is the water safe to drink?" in the more local news section. Shouldn't unsafe drinking water be more important and newsworthy than a Twins stadium?