By Shannon Corrigan
A CVS pharmacy in New Jersey mistakenly provided a few children with breast cancer medication instead of the fluoride pills they were prescribed, reports the Associated Press.
CVS officials say only a few children ingested the pills. No injuries have been reported relating to the mix-up in prescriptions, the Associated Press reports.
The attorney general's consumer affairs division ordered the pharmacy to explain the mistake. They also requested names of all its employees, all emails, telephone calls, complaints, and other information pertaining to the mix-up by Wednesday, reports the New York Daily News.
Mike DeAngelis, CVS's director of public relations, said that CVS will remain in contact with the families of the children who took the breast cancer medication, reports the New York Daily News.
"The health and safety of our customers is our highest priority and we are deeply sorry for the mistake that occurred ... ," DeAngelis said, reported the New York Daily News.