Autobiography

My name is Carl Cortez. I am an 18-year-old freshman and international student from the Philippines studying at the University of Minnesota. I studied and grew up in Singapore and graduated from United World College of South East Asia with an International Baccalaureate Diploma. I like to play a lot of sports particularly basketball. I am majoring in Mechanical Engineering and am very interested in the way things function. Technological gadgets are included in my interests. Other things that I do for fun include listening to music, watching movies, and hanging out with my friends. Musically and artistically, I am quite challenged as my talents within those fields are minimal. Yet, listening to music is a big part of who I am. A lot of different genres of music appeals to me especially when the lyrics are good or I am able to relate to it in some way. The lyrics have to flow well with the beat in order to make it work. This is why a lot of R&B music is what I listen to. It is one way of dealing with my emotions. The lyrics may be depressing, but it is a good outlet to release stress or ease my mind. I like mathematics and physics but dislike biological sciences yet I like to see different perspectives on scenery. Family and friends are important in life and are a big part of the reason as to why I am the way I am.

IMG_1652.JPG