Dear Theatre Arts and Dance Faculty and Staff,
Welcome to the second week of fall semester 2010. I hope you are enjoying yourself, and that this note finds you well. Please take a moment to read this email. As always, please contact me with your questions or concerns.
Topics covered below:
- Schedule your one-on-one with Carl
- Technology updates
- Sign up for direct deposit
- University closure December 24, 2010 - January 2, 2011
- TAD Administrative News blog
- Mark your calendar
The Theatre Arts and Dance department administrative deadlines and meetings calendar is now online. The College of Liberal Arts has also launched a comprehensive administrative online calendar. You can also subscribe to the CLA calendar so it may appear in your own Google Calendar. Please remember CLA deadlines are often be preceded by necessary department approvals so be sure you allow lead time for your CLA requests and processes. More information about CLA administration is on the CLA Intranet.
Schedule your one-on-one with Carl (repeat)
This semester Carl would like to meet with each full time faculty and staff member individually for 30 minutes, to touch base, check in, and hear from you. He holds office hours daily Monday through Friday between 11 AM and 1 PM. Let me know a time in this 11 AM to 1 PM window that you are available and I'll schedule your one-on-one. (Other times may be arranged per your request.)
- TAD e-mail lists.Thank you to Communications Coordinator Jennie Germain for emailing a reminder about how the department email lists operate. Remember to address your email message to reach your preferred community of people: TADSTUDENTS@lists.umn.edu = All current Theatre Arts & Dance majors, minors, and graduate students; firstname.lastname@example.org = All current Theatre Arts & Dance faculty and staff; UMTAD-LIST@lists.umn.edu = All alumni, community members, and interested students. This list may also include some current students, faculty and staff. Please contact Jennie with any questions or concerns about departmental email lists.
- Holly is out September 20 through October 8. Our CLA OIT technician Holly Leighton is traveling to France next week and will be gone September 20 through October 8. Remember when you have a computer problem your first step is to call the CLA OIT help desk at 4-HELP (or 612-624-4357). This is the protocol whether or not Holly is in France. Safe journey Holly!
- How to forward your U e-mail. E-mail is the official means of communication from the University to students, and so too should it be for employees. We are expected to access our University e-mail on a regular basis - every weekday preferred. Make this process easier by forwarding your U of MN email messages to your person email account. See the attachment for instructions. how to forward U e-mail to personal e-mail.pdf
- Google update. CLA-OIT will be following central OIT's lead with a migration blackout from August 26 through September 24. Migration to Google is not advised during this time period. Read more.
Sign up for direct deposit
If you are not using direct deposit at the University I very strongly encourage you to sign up today. It is easy! Visit http://hrss.umn.edu/, click "direct deposit", and log in with your University user ID and password. Add, remove and change direct deposit information with the click of a few buttons. Due to the University closure December 24, 2010 through January 2, 2011, for pay day December 29, employees who are paid by paper check will not receive payment until January 3. Those who use direct deposit will be paid as usual. Another reason to sign up today! [Supervisors please forward this information to your student employees!]
University closure December 24, 2010 - January 2, 2011 (repeat)
Please mark your calendar as the University is closed Friday December 24, 2010 through Sunday January 2, 2011, re-opening Monday January 3, 2011. This means there will be no standard support services available to students, faculty or staff during this time. Employees (faculty and staff) are strongly discouraged from being on campus during the closure. More information on the closure is available online at http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/economyandu/qanda/closure/index.html. Contact me (Jessica) with questions or concerns.
TAD Administrative News blog
Reference past TAD Administrative News email messages online: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/crar0009/tadadministration/
Mark your calendar
Friday September 17
- TAD leadership meeting 10 AM - 11:30 AM, 580C Rarig (program heads and directors)>
- equipment requests due to Jessica
Monday September 20
- Grant in aid deadline
Friday September 24
- All Faculty and Staff Meeting, 8:15 - 9:15 AM, Hanson Hall, Room 1-105 (all full time
- employees, part time employees welcome)
- tenure/track faculty leave applications due to Jessica