Dear Theatre Arts and Dance Faculty and Staff,
I hope this note finds you well. Please take a moment to read this email. Contact me with your questions or concerns.
Topics covered below:
- BFA Acting and Voice/Vocal Coach positions posted
- Electronic Ticket Accounts
- Harris Potter Week!
- Community Fund Drive
- Applause deadline is November 17
- Friendly reminder: leave spaces as you found them (or better!)
- Call for Student Technology Fee Grant Proposals, Due December 3
- Open enrollment and Health and Benefits Fair
- Academic Calendar now in Google
- Mark your calendar
BFA Acting and Voice/Vocal Coach positions posted
The Department of Theatre Arts and Dance is searching for 2 full-time instructors in the BFA Actor Training program, one in ACTING, the other in VOICE/VOCAL COACHING.
Please forward these short ads to your networks as you see fit:
The University of Minnesota Department of Theatre Arts and Dance BFA Actor Training Program and Guthrie Theater seek a full time ACTING INSTRUCTOR to begin work in Fall semester 2011. The ideal candidate has a bachelors degree; 5 years teaching experience; 5 years professional theatre acting/directing experience including American Realism and Shakespeare; evidence of ability and desire to work collaboratively; demonstrated willingness to adapt to creative scheduling. Compensation is commensurate with experience in the $40,000s. Application deadline: November 30, 2010. For more information and to apply visit http://employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=90062.
The University of Minnesota Department of Theatre Arts and Dance BFA Actor Training Program and Guthrie Theater seek a full time VOICE AND SPEECH INSTRUCTOR/VOCAL COACH to begin work in Fall semester 2011. The ideal candidate has a bachelors degree; 5 years teaching experience; 5 years professional theatre coaching experience, including coaching Shakespeare and dialects; evidence of ability and desire to work collaboratively; demonstrated willingness to adapt to creative scheduling. Compensation is commensurate with experience in the $40,000s. Application deadline: November 30, 2010. For more information and to apply visit http://employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=90063.
Electronic Ticket Accounts
Thank you to Jennie Germain for reminding department faculty and staff about the electronic ticket account. Remember all faculty and staff are eligible to receive an electronic ticket account set up in their name for the 2010-11 Subscriber Series Season. This account has 4 tickets that may be used throughout this season. The only restriction is that only one of these tickets may be used for Continuously Rich, the annual dance concert happening this year at the Southern Theater. Reservation details are being finalized and will be communicated soon.
How to Order Tickets:
When making a reservation, let the ticket office know that you have an electronic account.
- By Phone: Call the University of Minnesota Arts Ticket Office (UMATO) at (612) 624-2345 to reserve seats over the phone.
- In person: Visit the UMATO in Northrop Auditorium from 10am - 5pm. Monday - Friday.
- In person: Visit the Rarig Center Ticket Office from 11am - 1pm, Monday - Friday (UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY, THE WINTER'S TALE and OIL! And THE JUNGLE - The Rarig ticket office is open one week prior to and during the run of each production).
Please contact Jennie Germain if you have any issues getting tickets or if you have any other questions. 612-625-5380 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Harris Potter Week!
A Week of Halloween Festivities brought to you by the Peers! Featuring Funky Themed Costume Days and a Friday Shindig! Join the Peers and students in a week-long Halloween celebration, this year so cleverly named "Harris Potter Week!" after our illustrious peers, Adam Harris and John Potter.
- MONDAY, October 25th: Favorite Color (Head-to-Toe) Wear your favorite colored clothes and accessories.
- TUESDAY, October 26th: Twins with a Friend Find a friend, Pair Up, and Dress as Twins.
- WEDNESDAY, October 27th: Favorite Faculty/Staff Break out Bow Ties, Keys, Dragon Shirts, whatever works to Dress like your favorite faculty or staff member/
- THURSDAY, October 28th: Harris Potter (Winning Prize) Open for interpretation. You can dress like John or Adam or Harry or All Three! $10 Chipotle Gift Card up for Grabs!
- FRIDAY, October 29th: Your Best of the Best...Ever!
- Wear your Best Costume on Friday! Come prepared to Dazzle, Frighten, Shock, and Amaze! This will be a contest judged by Adam & John with guest judge Thomas Proehl. Faculty and staff are encouraged to hand out treats!
Community Fund Drive
This is the final week of the 2010 Community Fund Drive. Make your donation today! Find more online at http://www1.umn.edu/cfd/.
Applause deadline is November 17
The deadline for our 2010-11 Issues of Applause is fast approaching. The first deadline for all copy if November 17, 2010! As we are planning to use this issue in conjunction with fund raising efforts (telemarketing begins in earnest in November, and the end of the year is upon us), I would appreciate if you could make this a priority. If you have been contacted and not yet responded to or confirmed an interview appointment, please do so now. If you have been asked to provide an update on your program, please plan to have the copy ready by November 15, 2010. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jennie Germain (email@example.com) or David Bernstein (firstname.lastname@example.org) or me (email@example.com). Thanks for your assistance and cooperation. Best regards, Tom Proehl, Producing Director
Friendly reminder: leave spaces as you found them (or better!)
A friendly request and reminder from your resident Rarig and Barker Center building managers: please leave spaces as you found them (or in better shape if you're feeling sassy!) If we each do our small part in keeping the buildings tidy it means a better experience for everyone - students, faculty and staff. Thank you for your consideration.
Call for Student Technology Fee Grant Proposals, Due December 3
Technology Grants - Deadline: Friday, December 3, 2010
- Beginning last fall, technology grants offered by the CLA Student Technology Fee Committee are only be available one time during the year rather than each semester.
- The small grant program is being combined with the Tools for Discovery and Instructional Equipment grant program this year, thus requests under $5,000 will be reviewed by the full committee and prioritized among larger requests.
- Submitted proposals should include a signature and/or letter of support from the department chair or director.
- Department chairs and directors will be asked to prioritize multiple requests from their units.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The Student Technology Fee Committee is now accepting proposals from CLA faculty, staff, and departments seeking funds for technology equipment and technology-rich projects that enhance the learning experience for our undergraduate and graduate students. Attached is a list of guidelines and suggested technical support consultation contacts.
For a description of the grants, please refer to the Student Technology Fee web site at http://infotechfees.cla.umn.edu. Applications for all the grants are available on the web site under the section titled Faculty & Staff.
All proposals should be submitted via the Student Technology Fee web site at http://infotechfees.cla.umn.edu by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, December 3, 2010.
Any questions regarding this call for proposals should be directed to Sarah Knoblauch, Project Manager (CLA-OIT), at 624-7874 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open enrollment and Health and Benefits Fair
For benefits-eligible employees (75%-100% appointment), open enrollment runs the month of November. Please consider attending the 2010 Employee Health and Benefits Fair on Tuesday November 2, 10:00 - 4:30, Coffman Memorial Union Great Hall. Find more on open enrollment at http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/benefits/openenroll/. Jessica keeps hard copies of current Provider Directories in her office for your perusal.
Academic Calendar now in Google
Yes, your wildest dreams have come true! The University of Minnesota academic calendar is now available in your Google Calendar. Visit http://onestop.umn.edu/calendars/index.html and select Add to UofM Google Calendar, or just click!
Mark your calendar
Wednesday October 27
- BFA Actor Training Program meeting, 11:30 - 1 PM
Friday October 29
- All Faculty and Staff Meeting, 8:15 - 9:15 AM, Hanson Hall, Room 1-105 (all full time employees, part time employees welcome)
Thursday November 4
- BA and Design Tech program meeting, 12:20 - 1:20
Friday November 5
- DEADLINE for teaching evaluations of probationary faculty members
The University of Minnesota is closed from Friday December 24, 2010 through Sunday January 2, 2011, reopening Monday January 3, 2011.
Reference past TAD Administrative News email messages online: http://blog.lib.umn.edu/crar0009/tadadministration/