UPDATE 3-7-2011: Last week an e-mail was sent out by Residential Life regarding Spring
Break. The message indicated there would be a $12 nightly charge for anyone staying in the residence halls over Spring Break. There will be no extra nightly charge for breaks during a semester term. These charges only apply to breaks between semester terms (i.e. Summer Break and Winter Break). We are sorry for the confusion!
However, all other procedures and policies must be followed. All resident students staying the in the residence halls during the extend break (Friday, March 11th at 4:00 p.m. to Sunday, March 20th at 1:00 p.m.) must be registered and comply with the modified visitation policy that was stated in the previous e-mailed. This process is to help ensure residents' safety and security. Failure to register or violations of the modified visitation policy will result in a
disorderly conduct charge.
Please register by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 9th at the Residential Life Front Desk in Centennial Hall. Please notify them if your plans change.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Original Posting on 3-2-2011
HALLS CLOSE - Friday, March 11th at 4:00 pm and HALLS REOPEN - Sunday, March 20th at 1:00 pm.
Students are not allowed in the halls unless you register for your stay. A $12/nightly charge will be posted to your student account and no guests allowed over break.
Please register by 4pm, Wednesday, March 9th at the Residential Life Front Desk in Centennial Hall.
**Those who fail to register will be issued a disorderly conduct charge, fine imposed, and charged for the entire break closing time**
When preparing to leave, please follow these guidelines:
- Check to make sure electrical appliances, such as curling irons, and so forth, are unplugged. Do not unplug refrigerators.
- Close windows tightly and lock them.
- If you have any maintenance problems, please inform the Centennial Front Desk.
- Set thermostats to 65 degrees, shut off all room lights and LOCK YOUR DOOR.
- Students who need to leave their vehicles here over break must move them to the SOUTHEAST SIDE of LOT C or LOT E. Parking lots will be cleaned over break. If you are staying here, look for notices regarding snow removal.
Over the break, Health and Safety Inspections will be completed in every room or apartment by the Residential Life Staff. If you have special concerns, please contact Residential Life prior to break.
ENJOY YOUR BREAK!!