Fast Multi-Tasker

So, let me tell you a story:
Abbie goes home. Talks to her roommate and stays up really late. Works on her presentation. Sleeps an hour. Goes to school. Tapes a lecture while studying a work by Stravinsky. Gives her presentation, which goes over swimmingly. And wins a new fan (the professor).

Good stuff, right.

Well, it's not over. She's back to the library. Gone to class. A quick dinner and Finale Summit. Then a three-hour rehearsal. Just in time to get home and do it all over again. Wow.

Abbie's a Fast Mulit-Tasker.

Posted by ethe0008 at 1:43 PM

The "Real" Deal

Abbie is a Real Person . . . that is refreshing. (Many people today are not real, which this seems especially prevalent among those in their 20s.) Here's one more reason why:

One day this week she found me in my office. She was a bit stressed out and needed to talk to someone. I was the lucky guy! So, after a quick sit at an outdoor table, we took a short, short walk. But she got things off her chest.

Here's the beautiful part: you can hear this Reality in her music! Her music grows so organically, like mounting stress, finds a way to resolve itself, like an eye wet with tears, and when she leaves your presence, you feel changed.

That's how great Abbie is.

Great.

- MjE

Posted by ethe0008 at 8:56 PM

How Great is Abbie? (technical definition)

From the Oxford English Dictionary:

how,
an adverb primarily interrogative, used also in exclamations, and in conjunctive and relative constructions: cf. WHEN, WHERE, WHY.
I. In direct questions.
a. Qualifying a verb: In what way or manner? By what means?

great,
adj., Of things, actions, events: Of more than ordinary importance, weight, or distinction; important, weighty; distinguished, prominent; famous, renowned.

is,
v., sing. pres. indic. of vb. BE, q.v. Also used (cf. BE v. 10) in variants of the expression (a) __ is a __ is a __, on the model of Gertrude Stein's line (see quot. 1922).

Abbie

?

e.e. cummings (1894ó1962) says:
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human being can fight and never stop fighting.

Thatís Abbie . . . thatís how great she is.

Posted by ethe0008 at 9:38 PM

Happy Birthday!

So I hope everybody knows that today is a VERY important day in history: Abbie's 25th birthday! "Who the heck is Abbie?" you might ask... well, she's already an accomplished composer at this early stage in her life. She's incredibly thoughtful, lovely, and full of joy. She's also quite modest. The purpose of this blog is to give everyone in the world with internet access the opportunity to compliment Abbie. I hear she's pretty stressed about this semester, but I have no doubt she'll get through just fine with your help. Whenever life gets to feeling like a little too much to handle, she can come here and see how many people think she's great!

Oh, in addition to this blog, Abbie gets one free Zac-is-my-personal-assistant-for-a-day card.

Posted by crock038 at 8:42 PM