Björk | Main | Loneliness, Acuteness

3136 Wins

My house rocks; let me tell you why. We are all musicians, and we are all smart guys. We all have ideas about music and what it should be, what it could be. Our ideas aren't the same, but they're similar. We are all passionate about what we do. We feed off each other. (They keep me on my toes.)

There's a fun piece by Steve Reich called Clapping Music. I've heard he wrote it on a napkin at a bar—don't know if it's true, but it's that kind of piece. I started randomly clapping it. Mike joined in. Conversation continued (minus clapping). A few minutes later, Mike was like, "C'mon man—let's do clapping music!" He ran downstairs, and I followed. We proceeded, clapping, drumming, beating on our legs, the piano. Then we started making up our own rhythm, not using Reich's. That eventually morphed into us just jamming away. This kind of thing happens all the time.

So we were all home; j. and Noah got some food and we all had a drink. Then we started messing around on a rhythmic narration piece by j. It was fun. Then j. gave us suggestions, then we really rehearsed a bit, but it was still really fun. We were going to rehearse this other speaking thing that's also a house inside joke. It's inspired by The End of the World, and we're going to program it on the next Salon3136. Yes, our house does, in fact, have a website. Yet another reason why I love living here. Yet another reason these are the coolest guys ever.

Posted by crock038 at February 5, 2005 1:33 AM | Rambling

Remember personal info?