Cartoon: Pup Thinks Too Much?

pup_sample.jpgThis is great -- Pup Ponders the Heat Death of the Universe -- is a side-scrolling cartoon, illustratiing a view of the 'verse kind of like the Powers of Ten, but teh funny. Well, it's funny in a way that I like, with a carpe diem message and all that. Pup is a philosophical dog, the creation of Drew Weing, a talented artist from Georgia. Great stuff this. I wish there was more like this.

Posted by bcross at 1:48 PM  •  Cosmos

How Did We Get Here?

Remember the lyric of that great Talking Heads song Once in a Lifetime, which asks, "How did I get here?" That's a great question for this blog; it's been asked down the centuries, of course. Now modern astronomers have begun to answer in greater and greater detail. The History Channel delivers a superb video about the formation of the universe.

(Via PonderAbout.com)

Posted by bcross at 4:47 PM  •  Cosmos

Starting Again

So much time has passed since last I wrote here. I intend to restart Taking the Long View, with new content, some new design, and new perspective on what this blog can do. I'm also going to start a couple other blogs related to this topic and to other writing. I hope that my new found enthusiasm can sustain itself. Perhaps it can. But I'm all for taking the long view of things; in that view of things, my years-long hiatus is hardly a blip, on a cosmic scale.

I try to keep that in mind every day.

So now on to new entries, new categories, and new dialogue, for I'm interested in getting comments. If you are reading this site for the first time, drop me a note, if something I write or link to is of interest.

Now may this blog flourish and grow.

Posted by bcross at 3:55 PM  •  Weblog