More Than Human Blog

more_than_human.jpg More Than Human by Ramez Naam
Naam's recently published book More Than Human is a chronicle and prediction of current research and production of biotech and nantech investigations and treatments. His thesis is that not only are these inevitable developments, but they are necessary to human survival.
I haven't read his work yet, but would add that my own ideas see transhumanism as inevitable and already in motion. Not only that, I'm certain that we will look back on this time as the dawn of a golden age, in which individual humans take over their own random genetic development and apply thought and consideration to fate's previously haphazard process.
I've got to get this book -- it sounds wonderful.

Posted by bcross at 10:50 AM

Ray Kurzweil's KurzweilAI

kurzweilai.jpgKurzweilAI.net "...features the big thoughts of today's big thinkers examining the confluence of accelerating revolutions that are shaping our future world, and the inside story on new technological and social realities from the pioneers actively working in these arenas.... Although the "AI" in the title of this site suggests Ray Kurzweil's work in "artificial intelligence," it's intended here to refer to the far broader world of "accelerating intelligence" in all of its diverse forms. The quickening pace of our knowledge and intelligence will ultimately alter the nature of what it means to be human.
KurzweilAI.Net focuses on the exponential growth of intelligence, both biological and machine, and the merger of the two in a post-humanist future."

Posted by bcross at 2:17 PM