This is a reminder of our policy about breaks at work, from the "Protocols & Expectations" that each student employee has reviewed and signed.
• Students receive one paid 20 minute break when working a block of four hours.
• Students must take an unpaid 30 minute lunch break when working a shift of eight hours or more.
This means that if you work a block of less than 4 hours, there is no break, unless absolutely necessary.
When working the desk, take your break
1) only when there is coverage
2) NOT when ther is an upcoming shift change between desk students
3) after you have checked with full-time staff & the other student at the desk
All students must comment that you've gotten this info. Thanks!