Recently in Student Scheduling Category

Open Shifts!

I'm hoping to get home for a family reunion, so here are the open shifts:

Tuesday, July 22nd, 1-5pm
Wednesday, July 23rd, 4-8pm
Thursday, July 24th, 1-5pm
Friday, July 25th, 1-5pm

If anyone can cover anything I'd be forever grateful!!! You could have my eternal gratitude, and a gift from South Dakota. . . If you want one, that is.

-Janette

EDIT: These shifts have been filled...Thank you Sabrina

Help!

I am in desperate need of someone to cover my 5:30 - 9:00 pm shift on Wednesday, May 7th. I will be unable to work because of mandatory commitments. If you can help me out, please let myself or Becky know.

P.S. I will be forever indebted to whoever covers this shift for me, and they will be entitled to one favor redeemed at the time of their choosing.

Thank you!
Kyle LeClaire

All students who want to help must comment that they have read this post.

Helping in the Stacks over Break

Wilson Stack Maintenance is looking for a little extra student shelving help December 21, 26, 27, 28, and 31. The hours would be arranged between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. The individuals would have to know the LC call number system. Please let me know if you are interested ASAP.

Winter Break & Spring Semester Schedules

If you haven't done so, please turn in your schedules for Winter Break and Spring Semester no later than Monday or you run the risk of not getting the shifts you want.

Student Supervisor Positions Open

With Maggie and Joe graduating this fall, we will have 2 openings for student supervisors. If you are interested in the position please let me know asap.

Finals Week

The current schedule encompasses all of the Fall Semester including Finals Week. If you have a final that conflicts with when you work come and talk to me. Also, if you are leaving to go home during finals week let me know so we can find coverage for those shifts.

Everyone please comment that you have read this post.

Timecard fun!

Now that everyone's getting back into the swing of things with the new semester, this is your friendly reminder to make sure you take care with punching in the clock using the correct timecard for the hours you are working. Some of you have two cards for the shift difference between days and evening/weekends.

Also: if you are filling in for someone else's evening or weekend shift and don't have a timecard for that shift, talk to me so I can set you up before you show up for that shift and have no card to punch in on!

Finally, remember to sign your timecards to avoid delays in getting paid!

: D

Mailboxes

New for this year:Your very own mailbox. That's right each of you has a mailbox for handouts, forms that need to be filled out, among other things will be placed. They are located by where the backpacks are placed.

Shift Attendance

This is a reminder of what steps need to be taken if you end up missing or need to leave during a weekend shift.
1) Notify a student supervisor, then try to find a substitute
2) If your unable to find a substitute, contact Laurie (see numbers on contact information sheet)
3) If your unable to reach Laurie, contact Jackie Purdie
4) If your unable to reach Lois or Jackie, contact Lois
5) remember to also email wilsrsv@umn.edu with the date and reason for your absence

Students please comment that you have read this post.

Summer Break & Fall Schedules

It's time to fill out new availability sheets for the time starting August 6 until the fall. There are forms on the cart by my desk.
Also there are forms for the fall. Just leave the completed forms on my desk.
Please fill them out as soon as possible, you have a better chance of getting the shifts you want the sooner they come in.

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Student Scheduling category.

Shift Reports is the previous category.

Training is the next category.