Here are some general guidelines for specific situations. Do not hesitate to remove yourself from any situation you feel is unsafe. Never be afraid to call 911. It's better to be safe than sorry.
- Harassment includes directed verbal, sexual, and physical behaviors that make someone feel threatened or uncomfortable.
- If you feel that someone is harassing you, leave the situation immediately.
- Immediately notify a supervisor of the situation.
- Call 911 if the situation warrants.
- If a patron appears intoxicated, or is acting aggressively
or offensively, do not confront them. Do not intervene in heated
arguments or fights.
- Notify others working in the area and leave the area immediately.
- If the patron is threatening another person, call 911 immediately.
- Report the situation to a supervisor.
In all cases, be sure to fill out an Incident Report.