myU OneStop

MBA Admissions

Monthly Archives

Improvising and Presenting
Sometimes, during my more vain moments, I daydream about giving some big public performance, like a super emotional speech in front of thousands. Or I'm playing King Richard III, in some giant theatre. Or I'm the amazingly good sounding (and looking) singer at the local karaoke place. Daydreaming is great.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Carlson MBA Full-Time MBA Student Experience
The Carlson Charity Auction
Benefiting the annual Carlson Charity Auction is one of Carlson's best traditions. Hosted by Carlson 4 Community (C4C), a student organization, and various corporate partners, the auction is a classy and fun way for the Carlson community to give back. And with an assortment of exotic items to bid on and a solid bar/food scene for this year's auction, I had an absolute blast.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Alumni Carlson Full-time Part-time MBA Student Experience Student Life
DCIP - Crash course to feeling prepared for B-school

The most valuable preparation, I believe, was participating in Deloitte's Consulting Immersion Program. My background is heavy on Research and Development, but I was interested in consulting as a career because I have always loved solving problems and puzzles. I am almost through my first year of business school and I still consider my 3 days at Deloitte University as one of the best experiences of the journey.

Continue reading...

Before deciding to go to Carlson, everyone warned me about the Minnesota winter.

"Nonsense!" I thought. For you see, Washington DC, my home for 3+ years, had been its usual hot mess that summer. I WANTED some cold in my life. I would take anything other than temperatures in the 90s and 100% humidity. The Minnesota winter sounded like an oasis. No more sweating because of the heat! No more sweating because of all the people on the metro! No more sweating because I was embarrassed by sweating!

Continue reading...

Last December I was invited to give the student speech at the University's President's Club Holiday Dinner. The event, put on by the UofM's Foundation, invites the most generous donors from across the University to celebrate an evening of giving. As the student speaker, my purpose was to illustrate the dreams that these donors make possible. At Carlson, we see those dreams coming true every day.

Continue reading...

At the beginning of my final semester of the full-time MBA program at the Carlson School of Management I find myself jet-lagged, coughing (up remnants of air pollution), and somewhat enlightened. Having recently returned from China as a part of Carlson's required Global Discovery Program I am able to reflect back this experience and realize how incredible it truly was. I won't go as far as saying that this way a "life changing" experience, but I will say that I walked away from this trip with new perceptions of China and its market and new found appreciation of the benefits of cultural immersion.

Continue reading...

And the Journey begins..

...fruits of all the thinking that went into the MBA application process (not to mention the customized crafted essay stories packaging me into a one hell of a product - which even I did not know before this) , I managed to start my elusive MBA journey at the University of Minnesota, Carlson School. Why Minnesota: If anyone is thinking what was I thinking while choosing to study in the snow, then I have only one answer that unfortunately the U never stops working and classes never stops despite the thunderstorm... :-) The rigor of the program stops me from thinking when it ends after two years because I am loving it!

Continue reading...

Final Exam

There's no need to even be worried; I studied for hours with classmates this weekend, I've been keeping up in class, and taking notes on all of the lectures.

"Ha! Who am I kidding?!" A quick cram session is as obligatory an exercise before any test as the Hot Pockets jingle is an expectation of a Jim Gaffigan set.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: MBA Student Experience Student Life