myU OneStop

MBA Admissions

Share This

Share

Monthly Archives

Personal Introduction

Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for MRBZ0111.JPGIn your quest to find the "right" MBA program and learn more about the Carlson MBA, it's nice to know a bit about who you are communicating with on the Admission Team. With that in mind, I will give you a little insight to who I am.

My story to where I am now is a lot different than I thought it would be. I am a North Dakota native who, after one year of college at NDSU, decided that managing restaurants was a lot more fun than going to school. After several years in the restaurant industry and a growing family, I decided to return to school to finish what I started. At that time, I also made a career change to working in higher education for a culinary school. It was a natural transition combining my passion for the culinary world and higher education. During that time, I completed both my Bachelor and Masters degree in Management while working full-time.

This led to my next transition when I accepted a position at the Carlson School on the Student Affairs team as a Registrar and Advising Manager. After four years in that role, I made the move to the Admissions team as an Associate Director of Admissions and Recruiting, working with prospective students for both the Full-Time and Part-Time MBA programs. In my Admissions role, I bring the knowledge I gained advising students in the Carlson MBA to help prospective students make an informed decision.

Outside of work, I'm busy with my kids, traveling with my girlfriend, and enjoying many outdoor activities and sports.

Please feel free to take the time and introduce yourself to me. I'm happy to talk to you about your career goals and how the Carlson MBA fits in with those goals. I look forward to hearing your story!