myU OneStop

MBA Admissions

Share This

Share

Monthly Archives

Carlson & the Military

images.jpgThis isn't my first time blogging about Carlson's support for military men and women, and it probably won't be my last - I take a lot of pride in our growth in and recognition for the support we provide our military veterans.

It all started when Dean Sri Zaheer took the reigns as Carlson's new and fearless leader, and some big initiatives came across the MBA Programs Office's plate. Needless to say, we saw the need to grow our military representation within the Carlson School, but we needed to do so in a strategic manner that wouldn't sacrifice the quality of our resources and support. In just one year, the Carlson School and the University of Minnesota improved its resources, funding and support for our military candidates:

- assimilation back to academia
- a strong, supportive network
- veteran-specific financial support and/or guidance
- translating military skills to the "business world"
- establishment of the MBA Military Veterans Club
- dedicated staff specifically for military students

Now, if you are from Minnesota, you can probably attest to this simple statement: Minnesotans are not known to "blow their own horns." In other words, we are humble. Well, I am going to break that stereotype and shout from the rooftops that we have phenomenal MBA programs - Part-Time, Full-Time and Executive - for military veterans. Most recently, the Star Tribune released an article about the Carlson School and the strength of our MBA programs for military men and women, and how we compare to other business schools. Need an additional reason to consider us? How about our recognition by G.I. Jobs as a "military friendly" school.

It's true - an MBA may not be for every veteran. But for those of you looking to enter the "business world" and need guidance, education and support with translating your military skills, check us out! We have an exceptional, one-of-a-kind program with dedicated staff and resources specifically for our military men and women.