myU OneStop

MBA Admissions

Share This

Share

Monthly Archives

China Global Discovery at Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance

After returning from my Global Discovery Trip as part of the Carlson's Full-Time MBA program, I wanted to share one of the many site visits we had in China. At 8:30 am, Wednesday, January 16, we arrived at the Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance (SAIF). We were greeted by a warm receptionist and a electronic LED ticker displaying "Welcome MBA Students from Carlson School of Management."

After we were seated, Professor Hong Chen introduced the SAIF program and discussed Supply Chain Management in China. A key insight from the talk was that China's transportation infrastructure is very good, but finding partners for moving goods can be more difficult.

Later, we drank coffee and met some of the MBA students enrolled at the school. For me personally, this was one of the highlights of the trip. The students were very diverse coming from all over the world and were very open to their experience living in China. I exchanged business cards and hope to keep in touch with a couple people I met. My biggest take away for the visit was how fast China is moving to build first rate educational institutions that will most likely one day rival some of the world's best.