myU OneStop

MBA Admissions

Share This

Share

Monthly Archives

Time to Register

Now that I'm 3/4 done with my program, it's getting harder to pick classes. I've gotten so much out of every class that I've taken, that I want to take them all. Some of my choices are:

Management of Groups
Management of Innovation and Change
Preparing and Implementing the Business Plan
Marketing Research
International Environment of Business

As an engineer, all of these are outside of the typical comfort zone. that's what makes them so interesting. It's like having access to all of the forbidden fruits that you want. Usually as engineer, you're expected to be less social and more focused on the technical issues. Nonetheless, as an engineer, you're curious about stuff. You want to take it apart and figure out how it works. To me, these choices are opportunities to take it apart and figure out how it works.

What makes me sad is that I don't have that many units left before I graduate. I'm going to have to narrow my selection, and I don't want to. I really want to take another 40 units. There are some opportunities to work on new product development teams that develop real products for companies. One of these is in the medical device world, where I work. I would dearly love to take part in that class, but it's 8 units. It would be hard to justify that many units out of the units that I have left. There are so many other topics that I want to look into.

The good new is that once I graduate, I can continue to take classes at Carlson. I'll have to figure out how to finance them. Hopefully, I can convince my boss that they'll enhance my value to the company. In any event, it's good to have such interesting classes to choose from.

| No Comments | tags: Part-Time MBA Student Experience