myU OneStop

MBA Admissions

Share This

Share

Monthly Archives

Who Am I?

I'm currently a Finance Director at UnitedHealth Group. Prior to starting a career at UHG, I was in a consulting role at Accenture and I began my career in corporate accounting for Sprint Corporation in Kansas City. I attended undergrad at the University of Iowa and am still an avid Hawkeye fan. I reside in St. Louis Park with my wife of 7 years.

Why Carlson?
For me, the choice was easy. I wanted to continue to working while going to school. The part-time program gave me the opportunity to continue advancing my career in finance while at the same time obtaining my master's degree in business. The nationally ranked program at Carlson was the right fit for me. Top notch faculty, flexible class schedules, a wide variety of electives to choose from and a forum to interact and network with my classmates were all attractive features of the program. Carlson also offers many opportunities to get involved outside of the classroom...everything from "First Friday" happy hours to a number of student organizations.

Alex Ellis, Part-Time MBA student