myU OneStop

MBA Admissions

Share This

Share

Monthly Archives

Lisa Richardson, My Background

I have completed 3 of my planned 6 years in the Part-time MBA program at CSOM (Carlson School of Management). I enrolled in the PTMBA (Part-Time MBA) program after my family relocated to Minnesota for my husband's job. I chose Carlson because it was the only MBA program in the Twin Cities I had heard of when I researched schools while living in Boston. The brand and quality associated with Carlson were the main decision factors for me in selecting a school.

I came to CSOM with a background in Healthcare Operations, Continuous Improvement, and Account Management and since beginning the program I have worked with Graduate Business Career Center coaches Ashley Bowes-Johnson and Maggie Tomas to obtain a new position at Cargill in the company's grain elevator business. Ashley and Maggie have helped me to identify my strengths and communicate them more effectively in the career marketplace, both within my current company and externally.

Having been in the PTMBA program for 3 years, I have developed a more well-rounded view of the Carlson MBA program. I now believe that the networking opportunities and Career Center services are the primary strengths of the program. I serve as president of the Part Time MBA Leadership Advisory Board (LAB), and I believe that the most rewarding part of LAB has been working on the Career Summit project (a full day Saturday career conference specifically for part time students). I also enjoy mentoring prospective students as a Student Ambassador and getting to know other students in the program.