myU OneStop

MBA Admissions

Share This

Share

Monthly Archives

Admissions Archives

And the Journey begins..

...fruits of all the thinking that went into the MBA application process (not to mention the customized crafted essay stories packaging me into a one hell of a product - which even I did not know before this) , I managed to start my elusive MBA journey at the University of Minnesota, Carlson School. Why Minnesota: If anyone is thinking what was I thinking while choosing to study in the snow, then I have only one answer that unfortunately the U never stops working and classes never stops despite the thunderstorm... :-) The rigor of the program stops me from thinking when it ends after two years because I am loving it!

Continue reading...

Final Exam

There's no need to even be worried; I studied for hours with classmates this weekend, I've been keeping up in class, and taking notes on all of the lectures.

"Ha! Who am I kidding?!" A quick cram session is as obligatory an exercise before any test as the Hot Pockets jingle is an expectation of a Jim Gaffigan set.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: MBA Student Experience Student Life

The summit has made a huge impact - especially on behalf of prospective students. Quite simply, it was a groundbreaking event.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Admissions Diversity staff Student Experience
Learning from the true

An article last February highlights what I view to be one of the most valuable initiatives Carlson can provide to it's MBA students, encouraging veterans to enter the MBA program.

Continue reading...

Thoughts of a Recent MBA Graduate

I recently graduated from Carlson's Part-Time MBA Program this past May, and the Carlson experience was more than I could have ever imagined!

Continue reading...

| 3 Comments | tags: admissions Part-Time MBA
Accomplishments and Community

I started b-school at 31 years old, and in my 10 years of "real life experience" I have been an actor, an event coordinator, a lawyer, a producer and now, a consultant. Not to mention a student, in both law and business. While each aspect had its moment, the last year has been the "most". The most stressful. The most exciting. The most fulfilling. The most fun.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Consulting Enterprise Full-Time MBA Student Experience Student Life
Lisa Richardson, My Background

I chose Carlson because it was the only MBA program in the Twin Cities I had heard of when I researched schools while living in Boston. The brand and quality associated with Carlson were the main decision factors for me in selecting a school.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Part-Time MBA Student Experience Student Life

After taking time to reflect on my summer and internship experiences to date, I noticed that as my list of personal and professional contacts continues to grow, I am struggling to manage this ever expanding social network.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: MBA Minnesota Student Experience Student Life Twin Cities
My background

After spending 5 years in consulting in residential energy efficiency, I learned that I had a passion for management and wanted to expand my horizons. I looked at a number of public and private schools nationally, and I decided on Carlson for three reasons. First, I loved the community feeling and was deeply impressed by the high level of individual support. With each class in the low hundreds, Carlson is a place where I can actually know - and be known by - my classmates, professors, and staff.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Admissions Full-Time MBA Student Experience Student Life
The MBA: A new perspective on my job

My name is Joe Heinert, '12 MBA. Once I made the decision to get my MBA, The Carlson School was my choice because it offered a flexible part-time program, a personalized program that allowed me to choose my own courses, and world-class professors that would maximize my experience. It was also easy because my wife, Rosie Heinert ('11 MBA), was also in the program.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Alumni Part-Time MBA Student Experience Student Life