myU OneStop

MBA Admissions

Share This

Share

Monthly Archives

Guest Bloggers Archives

DCIP - Crash course to feeling prepared for B-school

The most valuable preparation, I believe, was participating in Deloitte's Consulting Immersion Program. My background is heavy on Research and Development, but I was interested in consulting as a career because I have always loved solving problems and puzzles. I am almost through my first year of business school and I still consider my 3 days at Deloitte University as one of the best experiences of the journey.

Continue reading...

Final Exam

There's no need to even be worried; I studied for hours with classmates this weekend, I've been keeping up in class, and taking notes on all of the lectures.

"Ha! Who am I kidding?!" A quick cram session is as obligatory an exercise before any test as the Hot Pockets jingle is an expectation of a Jim Gaffigan set.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: MBA Student Experience Student Life

This program offered a global experience that was far more educational and authentic than any I could have had on my own. The Carlson students on the program spoke intimately with Chinese business executives about their work and the Chinese consumer market, they were invited to meals at local restaurants, karaoke, and even an end-of-year social exclusive to MBA students at Tsinghua University and their friends.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: international study MBA Student Experience Student Life study abroad

How negotiation class has shaped the way I bargain, every day.

Continue reading...

| 1 Comment | tags: Part-Time MBA Student Experience
Who Am I?

I'm currently a Finance Director at UnitedHealth Group. Prior to starting a career at UHG, I was in a consulting role at Accenture and I began my career in corporate accounting for Sprint Corporation in Kansas City. I attended undergrad at the University of Iowa and am still an avid Hawkeye fan. I reside in St. Louis Park with my wife of 7 years.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Guest Blogger Part-Time MBA Student Experience Student Life

As the second half of the spring quarter kicks off it's unbelievable to understand just how much we have accomplished thus far. In classes, we are wrapping up our core and beginning to apply our knowledge in our enterprises. As social organizations and clubs we have been inducted into leadership roles and are planning events for next year. In our long term careers, we have secured internships and begun defining our long term professional paths. As a community we have identified ourselves as the class of 2014, a positive, social and motivated group who cares about one another and seeks creative opportunities for challenge. Next year's class is on campus, visiting classes, interviewing and forming itself as the Class of 2015. And it has only been seven months.
However, as I look at my upcoming day, I admit, it's not without hard work.

Continue reading...

When I decided to get an MBA, I wanted to expand my career opportunities and acquire some new skills, but I also wanted to take two years to focus on developing myself in broader sense. I knew that MBA programs, partly by design, offer and demand more than you can manage. They force you to make tough choices about where to spend your time and to learn how to turn out work and influence outcomes under significant constraints.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: business Carlson graduate school MBA MBA Admissions
The Academic Advisers in the Full-Time MBA Program

Hello and greetings from the academic advisers in the MBA program!

Continue reading...

The Academic Advisers in the Part-Time MBA Program

Hello and greetings from the academic advisers in the MBA program! We point students towards resources in Carlson and on-campus, help students connect with events and activities, and work with students to plan their academic experience.

Continue reading...

| 1 Comment | tags: Part-time MBA; academic advising; Carlson School of Management