myU OneStop

MBA Admissions

Share This

Share

Monthly Archives

Alumni Archives

The Carlson Charity Auction
Benefiting the annual Carlson Charity Auction is one of Carlson's best traditions. Hosted by Carlson 4 Community (C4C), a student organization, and various corporate partners, the auction is a classy and fun way for the Carlson community to give back. And with an assortment of exotic items to bid on and a solid bar/food scene for this year's auction, I had an absolute blast.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Alumni Carlson Full-time Part-time MBA Student Experience Student Life
Learning from the true

An article last February highlights what I view to be one of the most valuable initiatives Carlson can provide to it's MBA students, encouraging veterans to enter the MBA program.

Continue reading...

The MBA: A new perspective on my job

My name is Joe Heinert, '12 MBA. Once I made the decision to get my MBA, The Carlson School was my choice because it offered a flexible part-time program, a personalized program that allowed me to choose my own courses, and world-class professors that would maximize my experience. It was also easy because my wife, Rosie Heinert ('11 MBA), was also in the program.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Alumni Part-Time MBA Student Experience Student Life
ROI of an MBA

Wherever you are in your MBA experience -- just starting to consider B-School, have already submitted applications, or are a current student -- the value of an MBA degree is likely at the forefront of your mind. How will your personal and professional life change? What will your post-MBA finances look like? Ultimately, what will this investment return for you?

Continue reading...

I am now over a year into the PT MBA program, and it has been quite a bit different than I anticipated; in good ways. There have been multiple other ancellary benefits from the program I did not think about prior to starting the program. I am a part of the Leadership Advisory Board, I have made great friends, and there has been a lot of opportunities for networking and business. These are only a few of the positive benefits that I did not think about prior to enrolling.

Continue reading...

For those of us who decide to embark upon an MBA program, it is a major life decision. Many of us are working full time and have families at home - either a spouse, kids, or both. My situation wasn't any different. I was working at Target Corporation downtown Minneapolis in a job I loved but one that kept me extremely busy. I had just gotten married the year before and was living in Hudson, WI but currently in search of a house closer to Minneapolis in order to avoid the 45 minute commute every day.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Part-Time MBA
Giving & your community

The University of Minnesota has a long-standing tradition of giving back to communities/charities. On Monday, the University community kicked-off the 2012 Community Fund Drive, and we're determined to once again show just how much the U of M cares.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Alumni Community Fund Drive

During the next couple of weeks, Pomp and Circumstance will be played many times as graduates from across the university will walk across the stage to receive their diploma. For many graduate students, this is the end of a long journey that started many years before with the decision to return to school. It's a difficult decision to take the plunge and return to school. Some made the decision to leave their job to venture into the unknown, while others sacrificed their "spare time" to go part time while working full time. During that time, many questions were asked and many sacrifices were made. Now, it's time to relish your accomplishments.
I want to congratulate the 2012 graduates from the Carlson School of Management's MBA programs. You took the plunge that has now transformed your life! Congratulations!

Continue reading...