myU OneStop

MBA Admissions

Share This

Share

Monthly Archives

Student Bloggers Archives

Lessons learned - the end of year 1
With the end of the year basically here (I just have a 5 page paper standing in the way of freedom), I wanted to share some reflections about my first year here at Carlson: specifically, what would I have done differently?

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Carlson MBA Student Experience Student Life

Yes, you heard it right. We do have a Prom night and in fact I am writing this post just after coming back from this biggest dance party of the season at Carlson. It is also time to reflect on my first year at the program. The things I could have done better which I would like the incoming MBAs to consider.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Admissions
Improvising and Presenting
Sometimes, during my more vain moments, I daydream about giving some big public performance, like a super emotional speech in front of thousands. Or I'm playing King Richard III, in some giant theatre. Or I'm the amazingly good sounding (and looking) singer at the local karaoke place. Daydreaming is great.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Carlson MBA Full-Time MBA Student Experience
The Carlson Charity Auction
Benefiting the annual Carlson Charity Auction is one of Carlson's best traditions. Hosted by Carlson 4 Community (C4C), a student organization, and various corporate partners, the auction is a classy and fun way for the Carlson community to give back. And with an assortment of exotic items to bid on and a solid bar/food scene for this year's auction, I had an absolute blast.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Alumni Carlson Full-time Part-time MBA Student Experience Student Life
DCIP - Crash course to feeling prepared for B-school

The most valuable preparation, I believe, was participating in Deloitte's Consulting Immersion Program. My background is heavy on Research and Development, but I was interested in consulting as a career because I have always loved solving problems and puzzles. I am almost through my first year of business school and I still consider my 3 days at Deloitte University as one of the best experiences of the journey.

Continue reading...

And the Journey begins..

...fruits of all the thinking that went into the MBA application process (not to mention the customized crafted essay stories packaging me into a one hell of a product - which even I did not know before this) , I managed to start my elusive MBA journey at the University of Minnesota, Carlson School. Why Minnesota: If anyone is thinking what was I thinking while choosing to study in the snow, then I have only one answer that unfortunately the U never stops working and classes never stops despite the thunderstorm... :-) The rigor of the program stops me from thinking when it ends after two years because I am loving it!

Continue reading...

Final Exam

There's no need to even be worried; I studied for hours with classmates this weekend, I've been keeping up in class, and taking notes on all of the lectures.

"Ha! Who am I kidding?!" A quick cram session is as obligatory an exercise before any test as the Hot Pockets jingle is an expectation of a Jim Gaffigan set.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: MBA Student Experience Student Life
Learning from the true

An article last February highlights what I view to be one of the most valuable initiatives Carlson can provide to it's MBA students, encouraging veterans to enter the MBA program.

Continue reading...

Accomplishments and Community

I started b-school at 31 years old, and in my 10 years of "real life experience" I have been an actor, an event coordinator, a lawyer, a producer and now, a consultant. Not to mention a student, in both law and business. While each aspect had its moment, the last year has been the "most". The most stressful. The most exciting. The most fulfilling. The most fun.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Consulting Enterprise Full-Time MBA Student Experience Student Life