myU OneStop

MBA Admissions

Share This

Share

Monthly Archives

Twin Cities Archives

Final Exam

There's no need to even be worried; I studied for hours with classmates this weekend, I've been keeping up in class, and taking notes on all of the lectures.

"Ha! Who am I kidding?!" A quick cram session is as obligatory an exercise before any test as the Hot Pockets jingle is an expectation of a Jim Gaffigan set.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: MBA Student Experience Student Life

The summit has made a huge impact - especially on behalf of prospective students. Quite simply, it was a groundbreaking event.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Admissions Diversity staff Student Experience
Learning from the true

An article last February highlights what I view to be one of the most valuable initiatives Carlson can provide to it's MBA students, encouraging veterans to enter the MBA program.

Continue reading...

After taking time to reflect on my summer and internship experiences to date, I noticed that as my list of personal and professional contacts continues to grow, I am struggling to manage this ever expanding social network.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: MBA Minnesota Student Experience Student Life Twin Cities
The MBA: A new perspective on my job

My name is Joe Heinert, '12 MBA. Once I made the decision to get my MBA, The Carlson School was my choice because it offered a flexible part-time program, a personalized program that allowed me to choose my own courses, and world-class professors that would maximize my experience. It was also easy because my wife, Rosie Heinert ('11 MBA), was also in the program.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Alumni Part-Time MBA Student Experience Student Life

I once heard a joke: "There are four seasons in Minnesota: almost winter, winter, still winter, and construction." Funny, and sometimes it feels true (especially in the dead of January), but in reality, one of our best assets might be summer. So much to do, so much to see, and plenty of time to fit it all in. Thinking about coming to visit? Now might be a good time to drop by!

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: dual degree Full-Time MBA MBA Admissions Student Experience Twin Cities
Welcome to the West Bank

Whenever I give a tour of Carlson to a prospective student, I like to start with a "fun fact"; my favorite fun fact is a rumor I heard on my own tour last year: Carlson, a very uniquely-shaped building, was designed to look a bit like a boat, because Mr. Carlson himself was a big fan of sea-faring activities (which makes his residency in the land-locked Minnesota a bit of a conundrum), nonetheless, the building was built in the late nineties with the tip of its bow pointed to the heart of downtown.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Student Experience Student Life Twin Cities

If you've been admitted to Carlson's Class of 2015, then congratulations to you! As you prepare to leave your workplaces in the next few months, here are a few pieces of advice from my own experience.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Carlson Full-time Life at Carlson MBA MBA Admissions Student Experience

I find the varying backgrounds of the students very interesting. There are stay-at-home moms and dads, teachers, veterans, engineers, people from fortune 500s, people from companies with 3 employees, business owners, etc. The list goes on. The reasons people are in the course, also, vary quite a bit from not knowing what they will use the degree for to career advancement to everything in between.

Continue reading...

Bikeoplis?

With the weather we've had this winter, it's hard to believe Minneapolis is consistently ranked as one of the top biking cities in the United States. In fact this year according to bicycling.com, Minneapolis is ranked number 1 this year. Beating out other "green" cities of Portland and Seattle. Why...

Continue reading...