« Learning More & More | Main | The Big Show »

Most Popular Tourist Site in Budapest

This past weekend the group traveled to Hungary. The first day was a visit to the Cargill animal nutrition plant in Karcag. This plant was a lot bigger than the one in Poland. At first i was worried we would be receiving duplicate information from the manager at this plant but it turned out to be even more enlightening and we learned even more about the operational capabilities of Cargill and how they could service the eastern European market with a new pet food plant there.

Armed with new information, we headed to Budapest to stay for the weekend. I was really excited because Budapest is littered with classical buildings, historical landmarks and buzzing life in every direction. The problem was I started feeling sick when we landed in Hungary and i would soon discover I would be spending my weekend not in the living streets of Budapest but in dragging rooms of a Hungarian hospital.

To summerize the experience; I got so sick i needed 3 IV bags and multiple test run on me. all this in a creepy old soviet hospital which envokes images of psych wards in slasher movies. Though its puke green walls were not pleasent, the nurses and doctors were very nice and i was really lucky because lisa englander stayed the entire time with me to keep me company. She was a rock star. After a full night in the hospital, I was released i have slowly been recovering.

Now that we are back in Warsaw it is all back to business. we have really hunkered down and gotten a lot of work done today. our presentation is put together and i am getting really excited about what we will be delivering to Cargill. I also feel good about my part covering Russia. With all the hard we have put in and a little bit of luck, we will pull this presentation off with flying colors :)