Go to HHH home page.

Policy Catalyst

Reading List

Recently bookmarked

Powered by Delicious

Touring agriculture abroad

From the University of Minnesota's Blog post on "Schools in for the summer."

'"For the month of June, I'll be serving as a representative of Minnesota's production agriculture industry as I travel through France's Loire Valley touring farms, food processing plants, farmers' cooperatives and other agriculturally related sites. I'm sponsored on this study trip through the Rotary Foundation's Group Study Exchange program.

As a graduate student focusing on agricultural policy and education, this experience is a perfect fit with my academic and professional goals. We're planning to stay with host families on farms, so we'll get to interact directly with French farmers and agriculturalists on a daily basis. Food and culture are very closely intertwined, and the immersion emphasis gives me the chance to experience French food and agriculture in a really authentic way.'

Megan Roberts
Master's student, science, technology and environmental policy
Humphrey School of Public Affairs"

Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs
The views and opinions expressed in this page are strictly those of the page author(s), and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs or the University of Minnesota. The contents of this page have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Minnesota or the Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs.