myU OneStop

Carlson School of Management Web Redesign Project
Being a Tourist 101

Sono Americano e non capisco

Learn a little bit of the language of the country you're traveling to. You can find the basic phrases online or in a travel guide. Even if you're terrible at the language, it will win you brownie points with the locals you're communicating with and even might help you get out of a sticky situation. Locals will know you're a tourist, but they'll appreciate you trying to speak their language. Ja, natürlich!

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: advice

Well, that's it! Studying abroad will always be one of the best experiences of my life. I was so blessed to be able to go abroad, experience everything I did and meet so many great people. I learned a ton about myself and about the world. I have so many amazing memories from this trip and I hope to keep them alive with the help of this blog.

And a HUGE thank you to my parents for giving me the opportunity to study abroad...I would've never been able to do any of this if it wasn't for them!

I can definitely say, I lived the dream in Deutschland!!

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: reflection
Singapore: Impossible to Define

As I think about going back to the United States in one week, I am overjoyed to see everyone I have missed immensely over the last 4 months and experience cold weather (or, at least, less hot and humid) again!

However, reflecting back on this semester is hard to do.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Reflection
Water-Light Show @ Marina Bay

The of the many things I will miss about Singapore is a person's ability to sit a block away from downtown in several places and see the entire city skyline. There is something about sitting right next to a city; you feel completely insignificant and a part of something bigger than yourself at the same time.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: light show Marina Bay
Haw Par Villa (aka Tiger Balm Park)

The first thing I looked at were the 10 Courts of Hell. Warning: If you do not like gore or do not want to read a history lesson, you may want to stop reading now. No, seriously. Stop reading now.

Continue reading...

By the monks' place (Day 1)

My procrastination has kept me from updating blogs recently, even though there is a lot going on to write about. It is the Spring Break week back at the U so I guess many of you have been enjoying spending time on watching/reading random stuff on the Internet. To enrich your break, I would like to contribute my blog updates and some pictures. :)

For this first update, I will write about my most recent trip to Munich over the past weekend. The city's native name München originally meant "by the monks' place", which I don't know why but I'm sure you can figure it out on wikipedia, if you are really interested. I'm just really glad that there weren't any monks in Munich.

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: MBW Munich Olympic park schnitzel spring break
Bali - Sickness and a Sunset

Alright, so after a rough couple weeks with midterm prep and completion, I went to Bali for recess week! Sounds awesome right?

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Bali Tanah Lot
Chinese New Year (CNY) & Chingay

If you eat the spicy steamboat, rice is definitely needed to give your mouth a break (that was my case...my mouth was on fire and somewhat numb for a bit after having a good portion of the spicy soup). I also had a century-old egg; it was SO GOOD!

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: Chinese New Year Chingay dinner
Packing.  Last day in Minneapolis

The day has finally come. I will be flying to Amsterdam in 15 hours!

Continue reading...

| No Comments | tags: departure luggage packing