myU OneStop

Carlson School of Management Web Redesign Project

Experiencing Experiential Learning During President Kaler's Inauguration Week

The tradition of presidential inaugurations at American colleges and universities is nearly as old as the country itself. I am glad these ceremonies have survived through the centuries as it offers us a chance to look back on how far we have come and imagine where we want to go as a University as we rally behind a new leader.

I am also so pleased that President Kaler and his wife Karen chose to visit the Carlson School this morning as part of their inaugural festivities. During the time here, President Kaler visited the Carlson Funds Enterprise and met some of the students who manage its more than $35 million in assets.

I firmly believe that students more actively engage with academic knowledge when given a chance to live it. The experiential opportunities presented by our Enterprises and those found throughout our curriculum truly set the Carlson School apart, and better prepare our students for future careers.

I hope President Kaler enjoyed his visit this morning and got a taste of what we offer at the Carlson School. I look forward to working with him and his administration to make this University even more remarkable than it is today.

kaler_2.jpg