myU OneStop

Carlson School of Management Web Redesign Project

A Beautiful Reminder of Our Purpose

We don't make widgets at the Carlson School. We're in the business of transforming lives through business education. I try not to lose sight of our mission when dealing with the day-to-day activities and now I have a constant reminder of it in my office.

It's a beautiful drawing from children at Parikrma with whom our CEMBA students visited during a trip to Bangalore. If not for Parikrma, these children likely wouldn't be in school. They are from among the most disadvantaged parts of the world. Yet through Parikrma, these children have the opportunity to break the cycle, attend college or vocational training, end up in good jobs, and accomplish almost anything.

While there are few similarities between our students and theirs, I see a common thread. An education, particularly one with the hands-on, experiential focus that both the Carlson School and Parikrma provide, makes anything possible.

There isn't anything our students can't accomplish. I encourage them as they begin to think about the coming year to set their goals high. Dream big. Work hard. Seize every opportunity.

And never forget, YOU CAN DO IT!

ParikrmaFoundation_01.jpg

ParikrmaFoundation_03.jpg

ParikrmaFoundation_04.jpg