myU OneStop

EntreEd

Minnesota Cup Company Feature: Shotcaps

Minnesota Cup is featuring companies planning to enter this year's competition from now until May 9th! This week's lucky winner is Shotcaps!

Shotcaps.png

1. Who are you? Tell us about your company.

I'm a 25 year old serial-entrepreneur born and raised in Empire, Minnesota. Prior to Shotcaps, and fresh out of high school, I developed a successful web-based real estate syndication service which acquired funding from Space Center Ventures, one of the largest venture capital funds in MN. SyncMyAd is the name of that startup. Shotcaps has officially been in business since August of 2013.

2. What is your product?

Shotcaps are shot glass bottle caps. I've combined traditional shot glasses and bottle caps into a single, unique product that allows you to cap your favorite liquor bottles. Shotcaps work exactly the same as the cap that originally came with your bottle, but they'll actually hold a shot. With the product attached to the bottle full time, Shotcaps allow you to enjoy the party instead of searching around your kitchen for that shot-glass-gone-rogue.

3. How did you come up with the idea for your product?

Back before I was old enough to take a shot with anyone, I decided to invent a new product. Since I didn't have any million dollar ideas in mind already, I started thinking about ordinary everyday objects that I could combine with one another to create something new and unique. Two of those objects happened to be a shot glass and a bottle cap, it made sense to put the cap inside the shot glass and voilà, Shotcaps were born.

4. What excites you most about the Minnesota Cup?

I'm most excited about the exposure the Minnesota Cup provides . This is an opportunity for me to find new advisors to help guide, grow, and accelerate the success of my business. I look forward to expanding my network and meeting new and like-minded people. I'm also excited about the incredible resources made available to Minnesota Cup participants, especially those available for the semi-finalists and finalists. I look forward to participating in the new food, agriculture & beverage division this year.

Are you a startup company or entrepreneur looking for free publicity? Here's an opportunity for you to have your idea or product featured on our blog!
1. Find a poster (locations listed here) or get creative with the attached PDF: 2014 MN Cup Poster.pdf
2. Take a picture with the poster/image and share the photo by tweeting @minnesotacup. Be sure to include your location! We'll feature one idea/company per week on this blog through May 9. Only one entry per idea/company and we'll contact you if you're selected to be featured.