myU OneStop

EntreEd

Minnesota Cup Company Feature: SotaPitcher

Minnesota Cup is featuring companies that have entered this year's competition! This week's lucky winner is SotaPitcher!

SotaPitcher.png

1. Who are you?
I (Eric Darling) founded SotaPitcher in October 2013 to design and sell custom items shaped like Minnesota. I grew up in Falcon Heights, graduated from Bethel University and over the past five years, have worked in operations and product management for RBC Wealth Management - currently part-time to focus on entrepreneurial endeavors. Entrepreneurship is in my blood - I've done everything from selling beanie babies in front of my parents house to, as a joke for a class project, creating and selling Bethel University shot-glasses (it's a dry campus). I LOVE taking ideas and making them a reality.

2. What is your product?
The SotaPitcher is the world's first line of Pitchers, Mugs and Shot-glasses shaped like the state of Minnesota. The shape of Minnesota is perfect - with its flat bottom and pointed spout - simply add a handle to the west border, and you have the "Nicest" pitcher around! SotaPitcher is about celebrating the history, beauty, business, and uniqueness found all across the state. We are partnering with an iconic Minnesota manufacturer to bring these to market, and with their historic Minnesota roots and SotaPitcher's world class designs, we are set to take Minnesota by storm!

3. How did you come up with the idea for your product?
My friend, Kyle Ronning, and I were having a conversation about the shape of Minnesota, when Kyle made an off-the-cuff remark that we should make mugs shaped like the state of Minnesota, to which I responded with WE SHOULD MAKE MUGS SHAPED LIKE THE STATE OF MINNESOTA!!!! After getting his permission to pursue the idea, I began working with people all over our great state to bring this idea to market!

4. What are you most excited about for the Minnesota Cup?
I am most excited about the opportunity to network, connect and learn from other Minnesota entrepreneurs, innovators and mentors. The educational seminars, as well as going through the application process, have already been extremely helpful - I am excited for what's next. Plus, I can't think of a better way to help launch the very first cup shaped like Minnesota, than at the annual Minnesota Cup!

Best of luck in this year's Minnesota Cup!!