CTSI is now accepting applications for three programs that help U of M junior investigators build their research careers.
Programs provide a comprehensive career development infrastructure that supports awardees via funding, mentorship, exclusive seminars, individualized development plans, and ongoing support.
Applications are due by noon on May 14, 2015.
- Supports assistant professors (rank ≤ 4 years) interested in clinical or translational research
- Offers $52,000 in research and travel funds, to be expended over 2 years
- Aims to put new investigators on the path to be competitive for NIH K awards
- Supports assistant professors (rank ≤ 6 years) conducting clinical and translational research
- Offers 75% salary support and up to $26,000/year in research and travel funds for 3 years
- Aims to support investigators as they work toward a goal of securing independent NIH funding
- Supports assistant professors (rank ≤ 7 years) who have active K awards for ≤ 4 years at the time of application
- Offers $50,000 in research funds to be expended over two years
- Designed to place junior investigators further on the path to be competitive for R01 awards