Minnesota Partnership issues 2011 Request for Research Proposals
The Minnesota Partnership for Biotechnology and Medical Genomics has released their 2011 Request for Research Proposals, offering up to $3 million in total costs. Awards of any size will be considered; most proposals will be in the $200,000 to $1,000,000 range.
Application deadline: September 30, 2011.
Criteria for funding include:
- Must be a joint project that the Mayo Clinic and the University of Minnesota could not perform individually
- Applications in all areas related to human health and disease are eligible
- Novel applications of recent advances in biotechnology, genomics, proteomics, and bioinformatics to significant issues in human health are strongly encouraged
- Must advance the understanding of a disease or disease process
- Must have a high expectation for success
- Must outline goals that will be completed in two years
- Expected to result in a successful NIH application (eg, PPG or large R01) from each funded joint research project within 2 years
- Addresses an issue in disease prevention, diagnosis, or therapeutics
- Leads to the development of a commercializable product (preferred)
Contact Tucker LeBien, PhD, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-626-1422 for more information.