New hours of operation at CTSI clinical research units
Beginning Monday, March 11th, 2013 new hours of operation will be implemented in the Masonic Clinical Research Unit (MCRU) and Delaware Clinical Research Unit (DCRU).
Masonic Clinical Research Unit (MCRU)
Under the new schedule all visits at MCRU must be scheduled at least one week in advance so that we can make sure that appropriate staffing is available to meet your needs. If for some reason you cannot schedule a week in advance, please contact MCRU staff at 612-624-0104 to see if we can accommodate your request.
Monday-Friday 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Delaware Clinical Research Unit (DCRU)
Contact DCRU staff at 612-624-4423.
Monday-Friday 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
These changes are being made in an effort to develop a sustainable financial model of operation for the CTSI units without significantly affecting customer research programs. Currently, the vast majority (>95%) of all work in the clinical research units fall within the new scheduled hours of operation.
If your research visits are absolutely unable to fit within our revised hours of operation, please contact Clinical Research Implementation Services (CRIS) Manager Brenda Prich at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-625-2723 a minimum of 2 weeks prior of your expected needs to discuss.
We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How were these hours of operation selected?
A: We have analyzed the appointment volume in our facilities over the past few years. The new proposed hours cover 95% of the appointment hours scheduled over the last 6 months. Therefore, we can ensure coverage for the most customers by ensuring we are open & staffed during these hours.
Q: Why is this change being made at this time?
A: We are making this change for several reasons:
- In our effort to operate in a more efficient model, we are seeking opportunities to optimize staffing and operational costs. By reducing the hours of operation, we both decrease the staffing required to operate our facilities and increase the coverage/staffing during our busiest times (hopefully resulting in decreased wait times, more back-up coverage, and improved customer service/quality).
- We are currently experiencing some unanticipated staff leaves. This provided us with the momentum and opportunity to make changes to our operational structure.
Q: Are your rates changing as a result of these operating model changes?
A: No, service rates will not be changing. Rates changes occur on a fiscal year basis (next rate changes will occur July 2013). We are continuing to seek opportunities to improve our rates and rate structure, along with our overall CTSI financial operating structure. If you have questions specific to CTSI rates and the ISO rate structure, please reach out to Lisa Johnson, Senior Operations Officer (email@example.com, 612-624-9159) or David Bremseth, Clinical Research Integration Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-624-4759).
Q: My study requires evening/overnight or weekend appointments, what do I do?
- If your study requires special accommodations outside our normal hours of operations, please contact the CRIS Clinical Manager, Brenda Prich (email@example.com or 612-625-2723) at least 2 weeks in advance so that we can review the request and determine if we will be able to accommodate your service needs.
- For existing studies, with appropriate notice, we will honor our commitments for any appointments that must occur outside normal operating hours. However, we would ask you to help us assess if there are options that would enable your appointment to occur within our normal hours of operation.
- For new studies, we will be reviewing service needs outside the normal hours of operation based on your CTSI Request for Services.
Q: Why am I now required to schedule appointments 1 week in advance at MCRU or go through the MCRU Clinic Desk Staff?
A: Controlling the schedule 1 week in advance allows us to better manage our staff capacity and schedule between our facilities and offsite obligations. We can shift staff between hours and facilities based on where we have the heaviest volume and based on the complexity of the services. Based on our review of staff scheduling processes, we feel that the 1 week window provides us with the appropriate time frame to adjust our resources.
Q: I enrolled a subject at the last minute or just had an appointment cancellation or rescheduling, but I'm within the 1 week window to use MCRU. What do I do?
A: Please contact the CRIS Clinic Desk Staff (MCRU 612-624-0104). Our staff will be able to help identify available appointment times, reschedule appointments and provide alternate options if there is no available capacity during your proposed time. We expect that we will still be able to accommodate most requests within the 1 week window provided they fall within our normal hours of operation.