Five research projects were awarded through the Translational Product Development Fund (TPDF) program, a joint initiative between CTSI and the Mayo Clinic Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCaTS), in conjunction with the Minnesota Partnership for Biotechnology and Medical Genomics (MNP). The program supports health research projects that intend to develop a novel therapeutic compound, device, diagnostic, or IT product, and have the potential to be commercialized.
Congratulations to the newest awardees!
TPDF award recipients
Project Title: Combination Radiofrequency and Electroporation Energy for Balloon-Based Ablation and Drug Delivery: A Novel Treatment Modality for Atrial Fibrillation
- Samuel Asirvatham, MD, Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester
- David R. Holmes, Jr., MD, MACC, Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester
Project Title: Minimally Invasive Pericardial Resection to Treat Heart Failure
- Barry Borlaug, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine/Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester
Project Title: A Novel Antimicrobial Peptide for Drug-resistant Bacterial Infections
- Sven-Ulrik Gorr, PhD, Professor, College of Dentistry, Department of Diagnostic and Biological Sciences, University of Minnesota
Project Title: Novel Biotechnology for Rapid, Point-of-Care Diagnosis of Bacterial Infection
- Valerie Pierre, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Minnesota
- Robin Patel, MD, Professor of Medicine, Professor of Microbiology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester
Project Title: Development of Hexyl-Benzyl-Biguanide for Breast Cancer Therapeutics
- David Potter, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota
- Robert Schumacher, PhD, Scientific Director, Center for Translational Medicine, Academic Health Center, University of Minnesota