Young Northern Minn. Boy bags 27-point buck

A record buck got shot opener weekend by a 12-year-old boy from Motley, Minn. last Saturday, news sources report.

Not long after young Dylan Beach entered his tree stand, the buck of a life time walked into view about 100 yards from the stand. "I thought I heard something, but I wasn't sure if it was a squirrel or whatever," Beach said. "But then about 100 yards up, he came walking out." All it took was a single shot from Beach's rifle to drop the buck in its tracks, CBS Minnesota reports.

The buck weighed 229 pounds and it's antlers measured 241 inches, taking four men to load it into the back of the truck. It is within the top 10 biggest deer shot in Minnesota, ever, KSTP News reports.

Beach was hunting on family farm land about eight miles west of Sebeka, and the buck was well known in the area, Dylan's mom Jeannie Beach said. "I was half asleep when I called my sister and when I told her it was a 27-point buck she knew which deer it was. 'He got the monster, he got the monster,' she said." Dylan Beach still can't believe that he bagged the big buck, despite the handful of pictures of him and his trophy, The Brainerd Dispatch reports.