NYPD officer becomes a viral hit with an act of kindness

A New York Police officer that helped a barefooted homeless man in a random act of kindness in Times Square has become a viral sensation, news sources report.

Arizona tourist Jennifer Foster witnessed Officer Larry DePrimo giving the barefooted homeless man thermal socks and a new pair of all-weather boots on the cold Nov. 14 night. "The officer said, 'I have these size 12 boots for you, they are all-weather. Let's put them on and take care of you.' ... I have been in law enforcement for 17 years. I was never so impressed in my life," Foster said, CBS News reported.

DePrimo purchased the $100 pair of boots, which the manager offered his employee discount, for $75 at a nearby Sketchers shoe after the homeless man told DePrimo that he had never had a pair of shoes. He "smiled from ear to ear," DePrimo said. "It was like you gave him a million dollars," Fox News reported.