« Dillard's Blood | Main | Gigantic Asteroid »

HUMANS = ANTS

I like the way Lisa Couturier talks about how human civilization is very similar ant colonies. How the skyscrapers are like ant hills and the roads and highways are like little trails of ants out working. I don’t like it because it’s a new idea I heard and it sounds interesting. I like it because I think about this topic all the time. I think about how humans are just like drones. For most of our lives we go out every morning and do the same thing day after day.
If you compare a colony of ants to human civilization what do you see? You see hundreds of individuals all out doing there job. There are ants that build the intricate tunnels and hills just as humans have construction workers that build the network of roads and buildings. Ants have specialized individuals that do nothing but protect the colony just as we have a military to do our fighting. There are certain ants that do nothing but care for the queen and young larvae just as humans have doctors and nurses specialized in caring for others. Humans have farmers and ranchers to produce food for the communities just as ants have workers that gather food for the colony. The more I look at it, the more human civilization resembles that of an ant colony. Also, the more advanced human civilization gets and the more specialized people get in there jobs the more like ant colonies we become. Back in the day when a family lived by themselves and were self sufficient, they did every thing to survive on their own. They built their own homes and made their own tools. Then they lived in their home and used their tools to farm the land and raise animals for food. They had no need for anyone else and did not resemble a colony of ants at all. Now most people are specialized into one job and that’s the only thing they know how to do. Just like ants.

interesting link