Picture

This is me.
n13913624_43893523_4929.jpg

Continue reading "Picture" »

News Editing Entry

Hi Hatcher!

Reshuffle

I asked my roommates (5 girls) what they’d want to read in the Statesman about the mayoral candidates this year. All of them said they wanted to ask them specific questions, or wished that college kids could ask them specific questions.

So, I thought why not do a story on something students would actually read. I asked college kids what they wanted to know from the mayoral candidates of Duluth, Charlie Bell and Don Ness. A lot of them didn’t care or have any questions for the candidates, but some did.

We sent both candidates the exact same questions through email. I’ll just basically sum up what each candidate said for each question.

A lot of students wanted to know about the 6-4 bill that was recently declined by city council. Students wanted to know if this bill was ever going to come up again and what the candidates would do if it did. Bell explained why the bill was brought up in the first place and Ness said he wants to create a Dinkytown feel for Duluth.

They also wanted to know how the candidates would make the taxis more accessible to students, Bell said he would like to meet with students and learn more about what they would like him to do and Ness said he voted against the deregulation rates for taxis in Duluth.

The Honeywell question wasn’t really brought up by many students, but some did want to know about the waste that’s being dumped into Lake Superior. Bell said he knows a lot about this topic and one of the main reasons he is running for mayor is to stop dumping into Lake Superior. Ness said he feels strongly about protecting our environment and wouldn’t tolerate any dumping into Lake Superior.

The last question was asked about how these candidates feel about college students in Duluth. Bell said he thinks students are great and he loves the energy and drive students have. Ness said students are the strong backbone of Duluth.

Both candidates were former UMD students which makes me happy, but at the same time I’m not even sure myself who I am going to vote for or if I am even going to vote.

Reshuffle

Blogs

The Iraq War blog I found...
http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/
I really like this blog. I think it's interesting and I didn't lost. I feel like the person writing the blog isn't just rambling on using big unknown words, I can actually understand where they are coming from. I notice that the writing is very unformal and more like a journal of feelings. I am not sure if this blog is written from Iraq, but the person writing it was definitely in Iraq before and may be writing it after the fact.

University blog....
http://www.geocities.com/diaryofacollegegirl/diary.html
This blog is written by a girl named Alex. She has a diary about precollege life and college life now as she attends college. She writes the blog very informally as though it were her journal. She even has links and pictures. I like this blog a lot, I feel like I can relate to Alex. One thing I dont like about this blog is that the blog isn't very large yet, there aren't much writings, hopefully this girl will write more and continue her blog.

Jour 3001 Entry 1

This is a sweet blog! Welcome! :)