This is the last entry date for this blog

This is the last official day of this assignment according to the written material for this assignment. I will still be adding things here and there as I am able to retrace my steps. For instance, I know I watched Mr. Rogers on the day class was canceled and was disappointed that I was subjected to watching Mr. Rogers vacuum his couch for an inordinate amount of time. I watch Mr. Rogers to relax, and that was not relaxing subject matter!

I watched some British comedies on channel 2 to relax three days in a row, during a particularly stressful time...and so on...

...I absorbed the video that resulted in the beef recall. I was sickened by what I saw. I bought beef twice during this project for human consumption and a number of times for feline consumption. I learned of and ate a non-meat substitute for beef for human consumption (and I never would have known had I not been told that it was not beef.) I have not yet followed up on making my own purchase of this product but admire those who took that step toward a meat-free diet. I do have the book "Diet for a Small Planet" though and make vegetarian food for guests when needed. Once I was doubly challenged by having to make a milk-free spread!

I'm a "Browser Head"

When I passed 1500 web pages of surfing the internet in February, the Surfometer suggested I get a job, and now that I have looked at over 5000 pages this month, I am a "Browser Head."

Sometimes the surfing gets grueling, but I press on to find the info I am seeking. Since some people/entities are "just make[ing] sure that we are flooding the internet with the accurate information and pushing back as much as possible", I, in large part, am searching for the info that is getting pushed back. It's almost like a contest. What can I snatch up before it gets "pushed back" or purged....

To be able to surf the internet I pay approximately $38/month not including tax. The equipment was another $115 not including tax.

Can You Guess?

Another Pearson's Salted Nut Roll: $.80

I thought: "I'll get a Salted Nut Roll because it'll probably help my alertness in class." I may have also bought it out of boredom, waiting for my next class to start. It was a "just in case snack" more than an "I'm so hungry" snack.

Consumers Cut Back

Read an article about people who are thinking like me:

http://news.aol.com/business/story/_a/consumers-cut-back-on-small-pleasures/20080227091709990002?ncid=NWS00010000000001

I was amused.

"Pre-Dinner"

Vending machine purchases:

Hot cocoa $.50

Kitchen Fresh Express Turkey sandwich $2

Pearson's Salted Nut Roll $.80

Survived a Rosedale area trek

I braved the elements on foot through the harsh land (slippery ice, mounds of icy snow to walk over, no sidewalks) of the Rosedale area to visit World Market, Pier 1 Imports, Blick, Office Max, National Camera Exchange, and Archive in search of something up-to-date to put my printed Graphic Design work in for interviews and portfolio reviews. The only thing that came close was at World Market. It was a box that came with other office container items. But I really didn't want the other items, and I was thinking more black than brown for the exterior color. So, I decided to wait. After all, I haven't hit the thrift stores yet!

Instead I bought a Promaster XtraPower digital camera battery for $42.59 (including $2.60 tax), something I have been meaning to do for a couple of months now.

Feline medication

Walgreen: Contributed $15.99 to 50 tablets of Methimazole, good for 50 days.

It's cheaper at Walgreens than at the vets office, so purchasing it there provides some satisfaction.

At the right price

Pearson's Salted Nut Roll to wake me up. $.80

U food article

I read the following article (in printed form):
http://www.mndaily.com/articles/2008/02/25/72165772

The name Aramark caught my attention, since that is where my hot cocoa comes from...

Most likely no pretty stamps

I went to an on campus Post Office to mail a small package. I already had a $.41 stamp to which I needed an additional $1.23. I said "This package needs more stamps, preferably pretty ones." I doubt I was heard. That is why I put at least one stamp on anything I intend to send. I just can't bare the thought of sending a package without a "real" stamp on it.

Just in Case Snacks and more...

Cub Foods Purchases

Doritos Family Size Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips $3.79
NutriPlan 20LB Cat Litter $3.59 (stocking up)
2x 12PK Coca Cola Classic $3.33/ea (stocking up)
Santa Fe Salsa $1.69
1 Roma Tomato $.40 (stocking up)
TOTAL with 7% tax: $16.85

I bought the snack items because of time and stress issues, but ended up not needing them for Saturday after all.

Metro Petro

$10 for gas and to wash very dirty windows. I was very relieved to have clean windows and am always impressed by how effective those squeegees are.

False advertising

Pearson's Salted Nut Roll $1.00
Foxes mints $.50

The vending machine sign for the Nut Rolls still reads $.80 yet I now have to pay $1.00.
I was/am not happy!

Photo Library - 2627.jpg

Photo Library - 2626.jpg

Visit to the Vet

Exam $39.75
Metronidazole 250MG Tablets $10.00
Purina FortiFlora Feline (30 Packets) $19.50
IAMS Feline Low Residue 5.5# Dry $26.12
2x cans Eukanuba Veterinary Diets Low Residue Adult Cat Food $3.18
Hill's Prescription Diet I/D Feline 5.5oz Can Cat Food $1.22
TOTAL with 7.15% tax: $104.06

An unexpected visit to the vet is always somewhat traumatic...

Was treated to...

Gardens of Salonica New Greek Cafe and Deli

I had Yigandes, which is "imported giant greek lima beans, baked with vegetables, herbs, and spices in red sauce." VERY tasty!