Laura Langemo

View image

A few interview questions

A typical day for Laura Langemo starts out at 4am. She arrives at the station and prepares for the news. Sometimes news is taken from the night before because not much happens in that period of time. After reporting the morning news, Laura will pre-record things like her cooking segments (which is shown in other entry). Laura also has to pre-record news updates for radio stations including Kool 101.7, Mix 108, and B 105.

Laura Langamo left me with a little advice for people interested in this career.
"Try to get as much experience as possible", said Langemo, "this field is competitive and people will be negative but dont give up".

Laura Langemo plans to stay with Northland News until her contract is done (one more year) then plans on moving up in her field.

A Day At Northland NewsCenter

The Northland NewsCenter, which includes NBC 6, CBS 3, My 9, and Northland CW is located in the center of Canal Park at 246 South Lake Ave.

Directions to Northland NewsCenter

View Larger Map

During my visit to the Northland NewsCenter I shadowed Laura Langemo, a morning news anchor and reporter.
Laura has been working with this station for two years and graduated from SCSU where she worked at a news station called KVSC. Laura said working there opened many doors for her, and gave her hands on experience which she recommends for future reporters/anchors.
It was a student ran station where she got experience with producing, news casting and reporting.
Laura said a few skills that are needed for this job include writing,news gathering, and editing.
This is why anchors and reporters are now called "Multimedia Journalists" because everyone has to know how to do their own editing, photographs and reporting.

Continue reading "A Day At Northland NewsCenter" »