« U.S. Nuclear Lab Computers Hacked | Main | Wisconsin Changing Directions of Biofuel »

Thousands Brave the Cold For Chance At Money

The Star Tribune reported that over 8,000 people waited outside for "Deal or No Deal" auditions on Saturday at Denny Hecker's Inver Grove Heights Toyota dealership.

The show gives contestants a chance of winning $1 million dollars by picking the proper briefcase.

Casting officials were on hand looking for contestants to be on the show this season or the next. Luke Conklin, casting director said that the Twin Cities and Philadelphia were their only stops for the upcoming shows.

"I'm looking for energy, fun, and someone I want to root for," Conklin said. "I could make their dreams come true right now." (Star Tribune)

One of the more creative ideas was put forth by Mike and Lynda Dupre who advocated for a couples edition of the show. They showed up for their interview dressed as an angel and a devil.

The Pioneer Press reports that over 10,000 were present to wait in line for 7 hours in order to audition for the show.

After a day of waiting in the cold, a handful of people had required medical attention as waiting outside in the cold all day and then going into warm buildings caused them to feel faint. A woman wearing high-heeled leather boots developed mild frostbite.