The Inevitable is Here: Spring Semester

Well, we're back to it. If you're reading this that means you survived the first week of school, congrats on that! Gold star for you. It's week 2 and it's already a struggle for me to get out of bed..anyone else? I know it can be a drag to get back to the busy life of school, work, and whatever else so many of us have going on. Luckily there are so many things going on around me that help force me out of bed and into reality. My favorite of those things, thanks for asking, is all this hype and buzz circulating about upcoming EDM shows in the Twin Cities. I myself have a snazzy pair of trance pants and can't wait for the trance shows about to hit Minneapolis. But don't worry, for those of you with wobblier tastes, there are some dubstep artists planning to show their faces soon too. Earlier this month Sound in Motion brought you Avicii. Were any of you there?? It was SICK to say the least. Best news ever? Sound in Motion has so much more in store for us, take a look:

February 4th: Above & Beyond @ Epic Nightclub (Minneapolis)
February 18th: Gareth Emery @ Epic Nightclub
February 23rd: Steve Aoki & Datski @ Epic Nightclub
March 30th: Feed Me & Kill The Noise.

In case you missed the KTN show back in December, don't fret, they'll be here in just a few months so you have time to redeem yourself. Gareth Emery put on one hell of a show two summers ago when he played at Karma, and I've been dying to see him since. I've never seen A&B live, but every one of my friends that went to the show last time they were in town has said that it was one of the best shows they'd ever been to and that it was an incredible night. Lucky for those of us that were too naive not to go, Above & Beyond is coming NEXT WEEKEND! Holy S*1# I didn't even realize that was only a week away.. AND Sound in Motion is throwing a themed party for this, wanna know what it is? Okay I'll tell you since you asked nicely: a white out. Meaning, obviously (I hope) that you should wear ALL WHITE. I've been planning my outfit for days now, I can't wait to see what you all put together!

Feel free to check out Sound in Motion at www.simshows.com where you can purchase tickets for these upcoming events.

Make sure to check back next week, as I'm sure there will be even more exciting news to share.

Until then, know that we're all right there with ya when it comes to struggling through the week. My first step in doing so, providing my two latest obsessions for you to enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GNgD_Nm6iQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dFz10R529g

-H

Countdown to School: 6 Days!

With only one week left with Winter Break, a lot of us (including myself) are gearing up for classes while still trying to work off that one last hangover. I can tell you right now that I have absolutely no desire to go back to school and take Carlson's i-core curriculum,nor a desire to only have one last hangover for that matter.

While we all hate having to go back to class, we at the EDM Club are looking forward to starting up in few weeks. We've got a bunch of ideas for this semester, and hopefully we can take some pretty big strides towards awesomeness. Being a new group, one of our primary focuses is on making an immediate impact on the University community.

If you have any ideas on what you want to see us do or how to get involved, comment below or send suggestions to chang714@umn.edu =)

-PF Chang

Also, here's my song of the day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M_XETcoHE4&ob=av3e

AVICII at EPIC in Minneapolis 1/6/2012

Rising progressive dynamo AVICII showcased his talent last Friday at EPIC nightclub in Minneapolis. The sold-out show only proved that the Swedish prodigy has a talent that not many DJs today can emulate: the unrelenting hype that exploded in the club was nonstop. Song after song, the crowd followed in unison the vocals or the melody of each massive track, something that only other huge EDM names like Tiesto, Skrillex or David Guetta can do on a normal basis. The second "Bromance (The Love You Seek)," "Le7els" or "Blessed" came up, the whole crowd went berserk. If you missed out on this show, don't be too sad, there are many other huge DJs coming up really soon! Here is a video of what went down in EPIC, click on the YouTube Link. Yes, he is THAT good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUNoDLHZFXE

Future Shows in the Twin Cities:

February 4th - Above & Beyond (Progressive House / Trance / Trouse)

February 18th - Gareth Emery (Progressive House / Trance / Trouse)

February 23d - Steve Aoki and Datsik (Electro / House/ Dubstep)

Get your tickets at SIMshows.com ! Crazy February!
Spread the word!

Welcome !

Hi everyone ! Welcome to this blog, where you will be able to find general information on the universe of electronic dance music, as well as any events relating to electronic music at the University of Minnesota. You will be informed about festivals across the nation, and the world, as well as concerts and events being held locally in the Metro Area. Please stop by often to know what is going on in the world of EDM!

Thank you!

Rafael

Recent Comments

• latzx012: That's awesome! We updated our blog and created a fb read more
  • allen913: But I would love to help out any way I read more
  • allen913: My name is Chris Allen, I graduated in 2008, moved read more
  • latzx012: Nice! What's your name?? We are currently IN THE PROCESS read more
  • allen913: Just transferred here for spring semester, and to my overwhelming read more