Recently in Visual Research Category

Visual Research Part 2 12-9-09

Here is another interesting way a book could be designed, its not very legible or useful but really creative way of looking at a book.

Book Design

Visual Research 12-9-09

Here is an interesting way to design a book layout. It is very small and compact, but looks really nice.

Book Design

Visual Research 2 (11-11-09)

Here is another cool site that has many examples of different uses of type on it.

Visual Research (11-11-09)

This is a website I found that has some cool examples of type that can be used in creating logos.

Visual Research 2 (11-4-09)

I found some more symbols that represent using Green technology. It shows how some are represented in the real world to get the message across. It makes you think how the symbols we create might want to be represented and where they will be seen.

Visual Research 11-4-09

I found some symbols that are represented from different times and are classified from different categories.  Some are very well known and done by many artists we know of.

Visual Research 10-21-09 Part 2

I see logos all the time and think to myself I should redesign that for them because some logos out there are really bad.  Here is a list of some logos that are pretty well known and were redone in think very effectively.

Visual Research 10-21-09

I found this page with many famous people created with just type.  I find it interesting because they use mainly type to create an image that someone can recognize, even though its not realistic.

Visual Research 10-13-09

I found this diagram of how far a little extra money can go and thought it was pretty cool with how it represented the information.  For example the color scheme was a slightly off green color but you can still tell it represents money.  Also the color hierarchy helps with showing the more important information.  The type also works well in the hierarchal way because the more important information is represented, so you don't have to read the smaller text and you will still understand the diagram.

Info Design-Wine Drinking

I found this information design that uses color really well with having wine being its main topic.  The type in these pieces work well because they add the needed information but don't detract from the main design. Also the visual hierarchy leads you down through the piece nicely.

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Visual Research category.

Process is the previous category.