« At least they spelled my name right | Main | The Macroecology of Sustainability »

Grok Science interview -- limitations of transgenic drought-tolerant crops and, uh, learning from wild potatoes, etc.

Grok Science has posted a lengthy podcast interview with me about my just-published book, "Darwinian Agriculture." Some of their other interviews look interesting, too.

If you want to hear more, Carl Zimmer interviewed me for Microbe World in 2010. That interview is also still available. I was still writing the book, but I mention a 2003 paper in Quarterly Review of Biology, also titled "Darwinian agriculture," written with E. Toby Kiers and Stuart West. Much of Zimmer's interview focuses on the evolution of cooperation and conflict between legume plants and the rhizobia bacteria that live inside their root nodules and, to varying extents, provide them with nitrogen.

Type the characters you see in the picture above.