Handwritten data to CSV file without typing
Tired of typing data from lab notebooks into spreadsheets?
* Record data using a Livescribe pen, in one of their microdot notebooks.
* Put a comma after each entry, including last entry in each line.
* Use MyScript to convert page to text, using Rich Text option.
* Select (highlight) table data, including comma-separated heading.
* Open a blank Libre-Office Calc (spreadsheet) document.
* Edit / Paste Special, using "Unformatted text'' and comma-separated options.
* Edit if needed.
* Save as .CSV file using defaults.
The result can be opened in Excel, if you insist. When I tried pasting the data directly into Excel, values weren't separated properly, but there may be a way to do it.
I have only tested this with Livescribe 4 GB Echo Smartpen.
I got this idea here.