The Minnesota Chapter of the Society of Architectural Historians (MNSAH) invites the submission of articles and books on the subject of Minnesota architectural history to the sixth David Stanley Gebhard award, which honors the late Minnesota-born SAH president and nationally renowned writer, whose subjects included this state’s architectural history.
Judging will be by a panel appointed by MNSAH. The winners will be announced and the awards, along with an honorarium, will be presented at the MNSAH annual meeting in March 2008.
Rules for the award program
- Only articles or books focusing on some historical aspect of the Minnesota built environment will be considered. The major criterion is how well the book strikes a balance between scholarship and accessibility.
- Books and articles submitted must have been published between July 1, 2005, and June 30, 2007.
- There will be separate award categories for articles and books.
- Judges reserve the right to withhold selection of an award if a minimum of three books or five articles are not submitted or if the submissions do not meet the criteria of the Gebhard award.
- There is no restriction as to the author’s place of residence.
- Applicants should send three copies of the nominated work to: David Stanley Gebhard award, c/o Victoria Young, University of St. Thomas, Dept. of Art History, Mail # 57P, 2115 Summit Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105. Materials will not be returned.
- Submissions must be received no later than November 15, 2007. Earlier submissions are encouraged to allow judges as much review time as possible.
- The award winners will receive a one-year membership in MNSAH and a framed certificate.
For additional information, contact Victoria Young at the above address, or call 651-962-5855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.