(in)sight, the 2010 annual fashion show, features 14 seniors in the College of Design's Apparel Design program exhibiting their own work. The senior fashion show has a tradition of showcasing fine fashion and illustrating the skills developed through the program as the seniors near the completion of their degrees.
The designs of the students illustrated through the show demonstrate not only the hard work of three years of study, but also a passion unique to each designer.
This year there are two evening shows on Saturday, February 6, 2010 in Rapson Hall. The event has historically attracted local major retailers, Minnesota designers, and the Textile Center Minnesota members and staff. The two back-to-back shows allow for attendance of over 1,000. Tickets are available online.
- "U project runway" by Sara Glassman, Star Tribune, February 17, 2010
- Behind the scenes photos by Warren Bruland (Imaging Lab)
- University Relations video of (in)sight fashion show
- "U of M fashion show" by Twin Cities Live
- "Shopping for love" (last item) by Sara Glassman Star Tribune
- "U of Minn. To Showcase Student Fashion Designs" by Associated Press (also carried by WCCO-TV, WXOW-TV, KARE-TV, and Winona Daily News
- Making of (in)sight: a U of M fashion show
- "Inside (in)sight" by Kara Nesvig and John Sand, Minnesota Daily